Free access to Cambridge University Press textbooks has been made available again, but only through the Bibliothèque Universitaire. To access the recommended readings in English, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://www.bu.univ-paris8.fr/ressources/bases-de-donnees
- Click on either Cambridge University Press or Cambridge University Press Politics. You will be asked for your Paris 8 login.
- In the search engine of the Cambridge UP website, type “Early Modern Britain, 1450-1750” (without the inverted commas)
- In the list of results, you should see (probably at the top) the textbook you should open: Early Modern Britain, 1450-1750 by John Miller. Click on the title.
- Scroll down to see the list of chapters in the book. Two chapters are relevant to the course: 4- Henry VIII’s reformation and 5- The Growth of Protestantism to 1625
- In order to read these two chapters, click on “online view” under the title of each.